Friday, April 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Heaven

Charlie's nails have gotten long and he's fussy about letting me cut them, so today he went in to the V-E-T's, so the techs could trim him up. Unlike his sister, Sophie, Charlie does not like going there.

He was fine in the parking lot... he willingly went in the front door... at the scale he started to quiver, but got on for a weight check... however, when it came to going in the back for the nail-trim, he refused. And he wasn't just kind of balky; he really refused --- an all paws down, "there's no way you're getting me in there alive," kind of refusal.

"Nom, nom, nom..."

It took treats in front of him and a push from behind to get him in the back. But, once there, he settled down and started to enjoy... the petting... the cooing... the PEANUT BUTTER!! Yes, they got out a jar of peanut butter and a big tongue depressor and started scooping.

"Another scoop of peanut butter, please."

After the second glob, I think Charlie ceased noticing that anything was happening to his paws, he was so in heaven.

"Nom, nom, nom..."

He was very alert to the peanut butter, however, and managed to snatch a whole glob off the stick at one point, necessitating some adjustment in technique.

"Mmmmmmmmm..."

All in all, it was a very successful trip! Charlie's nails look great and, who knows, maybe next time he'll BEG to go in the back for a nail trim?   :)

 

6 comments:

Jan said...

Every dog I've ever had has had "sensitive paws." At least in their own minds. None of them has nerve endings in their nails but you wouldn't know it. Maybe it's just an act to get noms.

Rick said...

Ahhh I don't think I'd like a pedicure myself. I know my girls sure don't like me messing with their paws. Way to go Charlie.

Kari in Alaska said...

peanut butter makes the world better

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Amber-Mae said...

AHHH peanut butter...nyom! I bet Charlie didn't even notice the nurse trimming his nails while he was busy eating that peanut butter.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

My pups have their own peanut butter jar and it has solved a lot of problems in our house!! :-)

How Sam Sees It said...

Ruh-oh... He's gonna start demanding this treatment all the time!

Sam