Today Charlie is 4. He continues to mellow, but still has that puppy excitement about him. Some of this year's developments:
- Charlie's become quite the singer, demanding to harmonize at the end of every human meal. Every. Meal.
- This year Charlie's proved himself a sociable guy -- meeting and playing nicely with several new dogs and even handling himself with composure on walks when faced with aggressive off-leash dogs.
- Wev'e had lots of houseguests and visitors this year, and Charlie's initial reservednesss upon meeting new humans has decreased dramatically.
- Charlie has decided (finally!) that he likes to be brushed. And he's learned the word "brush". "Want to brush?" sends him flying to the appropriate closet.
- Now he allows me to dry even his feet without resorting to teeth. Clipping his nails alone, however, remains an unattainable goal.